Grade 3 unit is focused on a hands-on challenge and guides students to work together as engineers to design, prototype, test, and refine their creations.
- The 15 grade-appropriate STEM challenges target life, earth, and physical science concepts.
- Every unit is focused on a hands-on challenge in which students apply the STEM process of plan, create, test, and redesign.
- No-prep lessons and easy-to-find materials help you fit STEM learning into the busy school day.
STEM Lessons and Challenges Grade 3
Each unit includes:
- Teacher overview pages
- Reading selections for background knowledge
- Visual real-world examples
- A STEM challenge overview
- Design process worksheets.
- A redesign page to evaluate their design
Examples of STEM challenges and science topics from grade 3 include:
- Anemometer (Earth Science Concept: Atmosphere)
- Spider Web (Life Science Concept: Structural Engineering )
- Mini-Fridge (Physical Science Concept: Thermal Energy)